Chaz Atlas: How I See It.
Thursday, August 04, 2005
 
N.Y.�politicians support profiling in terror checks
"They all look a certain way," said NY state Assemblyman Dov Hikind a Democrat from Brooklyn. Hikind supports racial profiling instead of random passenger checks on city subways. I guess I am a suspected terrorist myself huh? Or I think the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity might call me a Person of Interest. I mean look at my picture. I fit the pic of America's persona of the typical terrorist, Islamic extremist or thug.

Brown skin male between the age of 18-35. They could put some grainy pic of myself on TV and say that I was subject of an intense search in NY, LA, London, wherever. I could be 26yo, Rashid Muhammad Alrighty, wanted in connection with the 7/7 London bombing and possibly had a role in the failed 7/21 bombing. Officials say that British Intelligence(?) have heard Islamic chatter that Alrighty was helping plan a possible mid-August "dirty-bomb" attack in the harbor of Charleston, SC. Corporate Media could whip up a nice little story and apply the pic of any young man of color.

We all look a certain way right? Jean Charles de Menenez was shot in the head 8 times by plain clothes police in the subway of London. Jean had absolutely nothing to do with the 7/21 dog and pony show. The problem was according to Dov Hikind and others, he looked a certain way. I had always wanted to visit London. Damn shame that won't happen any time soon.
(*DISCLAIMER*) - Before any FBI, CIA, Homeland Security or other agency pin head(s) possibly monitoring my blog jumps to any conclusions - I am not sending secret messages or code to any of my sleeper cell friends. There are no sleeper cell friends. I heard about the mid-August, Charleston scenario on late night conspiracy radio. And no I'm not telling my London cell that I'm laying low for a while. I have no London friends. So no need to run up on me in your Crown Vics and Raybans. That's how they think people.

Anyway, I was in NYC in late June with some great friends of mine and we had a blast. Currently living below the Mason-Dixon line as I do, it was refreshing to be amongst so much diversity and culture. I thought how beautifully tolerant you almost have to be to live there. Using the Metro was efficient, convenient, educational and a lesson in toleration unto itself. A large percentage of fellow passengers I saw looked just like me. Everyone got along fine. Sadly, Corporate Media and the Bush Administration want you to remain in a constant state of fear, suspicion and paranoia. You see they sell more prescription drugs if you are always freaked out about something.

Dov Hikind wants to have me stopped and searched because I am a supposed to be a threat. He probably thinks I am a bleeding heart, left-wing, liberal whacko, democrat as Rush Limbaugh would describe me. Actually Dov in the first presidential election I could vote in, I voted for G.H. Bush. I vote for the person and position, not party affiliation. I was an intern in the Bush 41 White House (Office of Presidential Boards & Commissions). And no, I am not Muslim. I am a spiritual person. I am the son of a Baptist preacher and grew up in the south and in the church. I believe in separation of Church and State. Even more I believe separation in Church and Hate.

Talk to your friends about racial profiling and tell them how unfair it is and how profiling creates unwaranted animosity between tax-payting, law abiding, hard working Americans. It was Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph that blew up the Oklahoma City Federal Building, abortion clinics and the 1996 Olympic Park in Atlanta. I don't remember the profiling of young white males after those terrorist attacks and that's what they were - terrorist attacks.

I guess they did not fit the profile of a potential terrorist - like me. I'm Chaz Atlas and That's How I See It.

Thank you Jared for the link:
CNN.com - N.Y.�politicians support profiling in terror checks - Aug 3, 2005
Comments:
"It was Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph that blew up the Oklahoma City Federal Building, abortion clinics and the 1996 Olympic Park in Atlanta. I don't remember the profiling of young white males after those terrorist attacks and that's what they were - terrorist attacks."

So you think that people of Arab descent are no more likely to be terrorists than whites? Quit frankly: You are an idiot. Out of the decadesthat we have been struggling with domestic terrorism, you libs can still only cite two whites who committed a terrorist attack. Two. The are either Arab, Muslim or both and therefore we should discriminate both.
 
Dear Anonymous,

Ignorance is bliss isn't it? Blind, deaf and dumb. Give this jock a hand friends - (applause)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger