Chaz Atlas: How I See It.
Friday, November 04, 2005
 
Strange Bedfellows: The Small World of DC Politics


Class if you do your modern history homework you will see that there was a republican uproar when former Pres. Clinton pardoned a guy by the name of Marc Rich right before leaving office in early 2001. Just one month after the pardon, Marc became a middleman for several of Iraq's suspect oil deals in 2001 after a UN investigation.

I'm not sure why Clinton pardoned Rich. I do not know their history or connection and actually it is irrelevant. Not giving my favorite President a pass but right is right and wrong is wrong, so if Bill was wrong then he should not have pardoned him. Regardless, Rich ended up procuring oil deals. It's so Cheney. Speaking of Cheney, here is the odd footnote. Guess who Mark Rich's lawyer was that brokered and handled the details of his pardon? None other than I. "Scooter" Libby. The "I" stands for indicted. I'm Chaz Atlas and that's how I see it.
ABC News: Americans' Role Eyed in U.N. Oil Scandal
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger